COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for Mass Gatherings
March 13, 2020
Public Health Guidance for Mass Gatherings
BUSHNELL FLA – The Sumter County Health Department is strongly urging Sumter County residents not to attend large gatherings, particularly those held indoors, if you:
- are ill
- are a contact to a known or suspected case of COVID-19
- are over the age of 65 with underlying health conditions
- are immune compromised
- have been exposed to someone with a respiratory illness in the last 14 days
- have chronic health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or lung disease
- have traveled internationally within the last 14 days, especially to destinations under a level 3 travel advisory
- have traveled to or from a geographic area with widespread community transmission of COVID-19
“We are strongly encouraging Sumter residents to consider their personal health situations before participating in large community and social gatherings. It will take a community wide effort to combat the spread of COVID-19.” ~Dr. Sanford Zelnick Health Director Sumter County Health Department
Additionally, everyone is encouraged to:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
For more information on mass gatherings, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html
For more information, visit http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19/
The mission of the Sumter County Health Department is to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.