Healthy Start is a statewide program that helps families have a healthy pregnancy and baby.
All pregnant women (and infants up to age 3) are eligible to receive the FREE Healthy Start services regardless of their marital, economic or immigration status. The Healthy Start program is voluntary and all information shared is kept confidential. Healthy Start services include:
- Care coordination to ensure access to needed services
- Childbirth education Parenting education and support
- Nutrition services and counseling
- Tobacco education and cessation assistance
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Inter-conceptional education and counseling