Sumter M.O.M.S. is a free program brought to you by the Florida Department of Health in Sumter County. The event is not your typical classroom setting. Instead you are encouraged to mingle with other participants and discuss many topics associated with pregnancy. Weather this is your first baby or you are a seasoned parent, this class is for you. participants guide the learning; open discussion is encouraged.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Trimesters what to expect; Nutrition; Exercise and Oral Care; Prenatal Appointments and Labs;
- Body Changes; Comfort Measures; Immunizations for Baby and Moms; Preterm Labor and Pregnancy Problems;
- Infection Prevention; Safety; Positive parenting; Tobacco, Alcohol and Drugs during Pregnancy; Post Partum;
- Appointment and Problems; Breastfeeding all you ever wanted to know; SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome);
- Domestic Violence and Shaken Baby Syndrome; Car Seat Safety and CPR for Infants and Children
The sessions are offered quarterly and alternate between our Bushnell and Wildwood location. Each session is held from 2pm-4pm usually on the last Friday in the month. Sessions are offered in January, April, July, and October. Do not feel obligated to stay the entire time. Feel free to stop in for however long you can. There are lots of take home resources available for you and your family.
Amanda Jones a registered nurse from the Health Department in Sumter County will be available to facilitate your questions. She is also a Certified Lactation Consultant who can assist you with any breastfeeding needs.
If you or someone you know in Sumter County has a new little one coming, you wont want to miss this program. For more information and session schedule please contact Amanda N. Jones, RN, at the Bushnell Health Department.
For more information, please check out our flyer.