Tuberculosis (TB) Testing
Tuberculosis (TB) Testing is available to anyone. Contact investigations are also provided. Treatment for positive testing and case management is provided to county residents.
TB is spread from person to person through the air. People can breathe in these bacteria and become infected.
Who is most at risk for TB?
- Persons with recent exposure to an active TB case
- Small children and the elderly
- Persons with HIV/AIDS
- Persons who take medications that effect their immune system such as steroids or chemotherapy agents
- Persons with certain cancers
- Persons who have weak immune systems due to substance abuse
- Persons who are foreign born
For more information, please contact us.